ACU Co-operative Legacy Fund
In 2012, Advantage Credit Union joins credit unions and other co-operatives around the world to celebrate the International Year of Co-operatives. Advantage Credit Union will be part of this celebration throughout 2012 in various ways. As part of our involvement, we are pleased to announce the creation of an ACU Co-operative Legacy Fund.
This Legacy Fund has been created in the year 2012 to recognize the contributions the co-operative model has made to developed and developing countries around the world. As the name implies, the legacy fund has been created to help promote co-operative development that will last beyond 2012. This is a multi-year legacy program, dependent on applicant interest and available program funds.
Funds in the amount of $20,000 have been allocated for the 2012 year to award to a qualifying individual or group who are involved in the creation, expansion or betterment of a co-operative enterprise. Funds may be awarded up to $20,000 depending on need.
To qualify, the individual or group must:
- Be from within our Advantage Credit Union region;
- Actively participate in the co-operative development initiative.
Preference will be given to youth applicants, which is defined as anyone under the age of 35.
A qualifying project may include:
- A local co-operative development initiative for example a daycare co-operative, health care co-operative, growers co-op, or co-operative housing.
- A project that is national or international in scope, and must be sponsored and approved through the Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) or the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU).
How to apply:
- Application may be made in writing and submitted to the ACU Co-operative
Legacy Fund Task Force by May 31, 2012 to be considered for approval for the 2012 year.
- The written application must include the following information:
- Personal information: Name, contact information, date of birth (optional).
- Description of co-operative development project: Project plan details, personal involvement, purpose, benefits, location, timeline, amount and purpose of funds requested.
- Co-operative Endorsement: Must provide references and contact information for the co-operative involved in this project, including proof of CCA/WOCCU sponsorship if applicable.
- If the applicant prefers to use a form to submit, fill out our online application form. This form is a fillable pdf that can be filled out online prior to printing or saving.
- The written application or application form may be:
- dropped off at any branch of Advantage Credit Union
- submitted through ReachUs@advantage.cu.sk.ca or
- mailed to: ACU Co-operative Legacy Fund Committee, PO Box 1657, Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
- If awarded funds from the ACU Co-operative Legacy Program, the applicant must agree to provide a report and accounting of funds to the board of Advantage Credit Union upon conclusion of the co-operative development project.
- Only one funding project a year will be approved. Funds may not be awarded in any calendar year if there are no suitable applicants.
For more information, feel free to contact any Advantage Credit Union branch.